Barracuda loves sports, and it's not unusual to see our name associated with an athlete or an athletic event. If you've followed our blog or our social media, you're probably aware of this proud tradition:
- Garmin Sharp Cycling – Tour de France, Maglia Rosa, and too many more to list.
- Barracuda Lightning SuperBike – “Best Motorcycle of the Year“
- IndyCar – Our racing legacy started here, with Bryan Herta Autosports
- RallyCar – Austin Dyne, Red Bull Rallycross
- Rock Climbing – Jakob Schubert, world champion
- Wake Surfing – Bri Chmel, world champion
- Golf – Padraig Harrington, winner of three major championships
- More Golf – The Barracuda Championship kicks off in Reno, NV, in 2014
- Tennis – The Bryan brothers, the greatest doubles team in the history of the game
- More Tennis – Barracuda is a contributing sponsor of the BNP Paribas Open
- Hockey – San Jose Sharks, winner of 6 division titles, and the team that brought hockey to the Bay
So it is with great excitement and pride that we join the San Jose Sharks in bringing their American Hockey League Franchise to the Bay area. (More hockey!) The new team is the San Jose Barracuda, and they will be playing their home games at the SAP Center starting in October of this year.
The San Jose Barracuda is a perfect fit for us because it combines our love for sports with our love for our local communities. This sponsorship allows us to contribute to the growth of sports in the Bay Area, as well as the professional development of players for the San Jose Sharks. We couldn't be more pleased with how this turned out.
If you would like to know more about the San Jose Barracuda, you can find them on the web at http://www.sjbarracuda.com/ and on twitter @sjbarracuda. For more information on the partnership, see our detailed press release here.
Christine Barry est Senior Chief Blogger et Social Media Manager chez Barracuda. Avant de rejoindre Barracuda, Christine a été ingénieur de terrain et chef de projet pour des clients K12 et PME pendant plus de 15 ans. Elle est titulaire de plusieurs diplômes en technologie et en gestion de projet, d'un "Bachelor of Arts" et d'un "Master of Business Administration".Elle est diplômée de l'université du Michigan.
Connectez-vous avec Christine sur LinkedIn.