We are pleased to announce the availability of Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series version 7.0. This version enhances performance, expands security functionality, and optimizes cloud enablement.
The Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series (F-Series) was launched late last year, alongside the Barracuda NextGen Firewall X-Series. These two product lines included new models with new capabilities and price-points, designed to help enterprise and SMB customers find the network security solution that would best fit their needs. In March of this year, we expanded the NextGen Firewall line again, with the introduction of the S-Series, which is purpose-built to securely connect thousands of machine endpoints. This is the firewall for the Internet of Things.
- Native Deployment in Public Cloud Infrastructures – Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series version 7.0 makes it easier for organizations to move workloads and applications to Microsoft Azure. Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure both offer native deployment of the Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series.
- New Botnet & Spyware Protection, Macro Blocking – In addition to the next-generation security capabilities such as application and user awareness and control, fully integrated Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), web and email security, and fully integrated Advanced Threat Detection – the new version also leverages Barracuda's global threat framework and sink holing technology to stop data ex filtration from botnets, spyware and macro-enabled documents.
- Cloud-Ready Connectivity and Management – Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series version 7.0 can improve the wide area network (WAN) performance by including multiple uplink usage, intelligent uplink failover, link balancing and WAN optimization, enabling 99.999 percent uptime with low-cost Internet uplinks. This is particularly valuable in hybrid environments that require fast, reliable connectivity to cloud apps as well as across on-premises and cloud-based network locations. Barracuda NextGen Firewall also offers remote connectivity and Secure Sockets Layer virtual private network (SSL-VPN) capabilities with the CudaLaunch client for Windows and Mac OSX desktop operating systems and applications for iOS and Android for “zero-touch” deployment.
For details and complete documentation on the new features in version 7.0, see our release notes here.
The Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series version 7.0 brings all of these capabilities into a single solution that fully embraces the cloud. The F-Series is optimized for strategic deployment throughout the company WAN. This allows companies to deploy remote internet breakouts for branch offices and other locations, rather than backhaul all of that traffic to a firewall at the company HQ. Here are a few of the benefits you can expect from such a deployment:
- Secure cloud adoption and improved security posture for customers operating dispersed network environments, including public cloud and Infrastructure-as-a-Service platforms.
- Better WAN network quality
- Simple remote administration for breakouts across the WAN
- Less uplink bandwidth to purchase
- Reduce or eliminate MPLS lines between locations
- Advanced application control and visibility
- Scalable configuration with unlimited firewalls in Microsoft Azure, within a tenant and configuration cluster
- Barracuda’s global threat intelligence framework prevents data exfiltration from botnets and spyware
For more information about the Barracuda NextGen Firewall F-Series version 7.0, see these resources:
- Blog Post – Barracuda at Microsoft World Partner Conference
- Overview – Barracuda NextGen Firewalls
- Overview – Barracuda Security Solutions for Azure
- Press Release – Barracuda Expands Cloud-Ready Next-Generation Firewall Technology
Christine Barry est blogueuse en chef et responsable des réseaux sociaux chez Barracuda. Son travail consiste à rédiger des articles captivants en lien avec les services Barracuda et à faciliter la communication entre le public et les équipes internes. Avant de rejoindre Barracuda, Christine a été ingénieure de terrain et chef de projet dans l'éducation et auprès de PME pendant plus de 15 ans. Elle est titulaire de plusieurs diplômes technologiques, d'une licence de l'université du Michigan, et d'une maîtrise en administration des affaires.
Connectez-vous avec Christine sur LinkedIn.