Millions of people have turned to Office 365 and other public cloud solutions to meet their productivity and collaboration needs. Microsoft's FY16 Q4 results revealed better-than-expected performance, with growth across multiple products and segments. For example, compared to prior year:
- Azure compute usage has doubled, and cloud revenue is up 102%
- Office and Dynamics (Microsoft Productivity) segment increased 7%
- Office 365 commercial seat growth is up 45%
- Microsoft Intelligent Cloud grew 7%
You can see more details in this earnings release from Microsoft.
Do you really need to backup cloud data?
With millions of users turning to Office 365 and Sharepoint to manage their data, some gaps in data protection are beginning to reveal themselves. Microsoft offers several layers of data protection, but there are still scenarios where users can suffer data loss:
- Accidental user deletion
- Malicious data destruction by an authorized user
- Data corruption
- Data migration issues
- Third-party application errors
- Data overwrites / replacements with incorrect data
Source: Barracuda Solution Brief – Cloud-to-Cloud Backup
Rich Turner blogs regularly on these issues and the reasons why it's important to backup your cloud services, in addition to using the tools provided by Microsoft and other vendors.
Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup: What is it?
Cloud-to-Cloud Backup protects data by backing it up from the SaaS application directly to another cloud. Barracuda offers the Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup for Office 365, which protects Exchange Online and OneDrive for Business data by backing it up directly to Barracuda Cloud Storage.
- All email messages
- All email attachments
- The complete folder structure of each users' mailbox
- All files and the entire folder structure in the OneDrive for Business Documents Library
Source: Barracuda Campus
How to get started with Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup for Office 365
If you would like to learn more about Barracuda Backup, including our cloud-to-cloud solution, take a look at these resources:
- Barracuda Backup corporate site
- Barracuda Campus documentation for Cloud-to-Cloud Deployment
- Barracuda Backup live product guest login
- Solution Brief on Cloud-to-Cloud Backup (pdf)
Overview Video: Getting started with Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup
For a risk-free, 30-day evaluation of Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup, click here.
Christine Barry est Senior Chief Blogger et Social Media Manager chez Barracuda. Avant de rejoindre Barracuda, Christine a été ingénieur de terrain et chef de projet pour des clients K12 et PME pendant plus de 15 ans. Elle est titulaire de plusieurs diplômes en technologie et en gestion de projet, d'un "Bachelor of Arts" et d'un "Master of Business Administration".Elle est diplômée de l'université du Michigan.
Connectez-vous avec Christine sur LinkedIn.