Earlier this year Barracuda and Microsoft worked together to present the Cloud Ready Channel Summit, which was a gathering of leaders from both companies as well as some of our partners. Phil Sorgen, Corporate Vice President, US Enterprise Commercial at Microsoft, made this point in his presentation:
Business used to be “big eats small.” Now with the public cloud, it's “fast eats big.”
Barracuda network and application protection solutions are designed to make business easier and faster for our customers. We do this by bringing together the best technologies, concepts, and business processes, getting them to market quickly and affordably, and supporting them like crazy with Energize Updates, Instant Replacement, award-winning tech support, and more.
A core piece of our success story is the recognition that small and medium enterprises are no longer protected by obscurity or a belief that they are too insignificant to attack. In the modern threat landscape of bots and attacks-for-hire and anonymous state-sponsored hackers, SME companies are at risk just like the large enterprises. To help these companies defend themselves, we've put large enterprise type capabilities into a solution that is designed to be simple and low-maintenance for the IT professionals.Business used to be 'big eats small.' Now with the public cloud, it's 'fast eats big.' ~@Phil_SorgenClick To Tweet
Our network and application security solutions is a set of firewalls engineered for the cloud:
- Barracuda CloudGen Firewall is a family of physical, virtual, and cloud-based appliances that provide next-generation and advanced threat protection to your entire network, wherever your resources reside.
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall defends against a variety of attacks including the OWASP Top 10, zero-day threats, data leakage, and application-layer denial of service (DoS) attacks.
The public cloud provides even the smallest business with benefits that were previously only available to the largest companies, and Barracuda public cloud solutions protect users, applications, and data – regardless of where they are located.
For information on hybrid security deployments, read our Cloud Ready Patterns of Security blog here
Earlier today we released some information on the momentum around our network and application solutions. Here are some of the highlights:
- Barracuda exceeds more than 200 net new public cloud customer deployments per quarter, consecutively over the past four fiscal quarters.
- New Barracuda WAF-as-a-Service, launched in May 2018, is a cloud-delivered service that simplifies the way application security is deployed and managed without compromising on security controls or effectiveness.
- Seven Barracuda integrations were featured at Microsoft Ignite 2018, including Azure Virtual WAN support and Microsoft Firewall management.
- Awarded three gold competencies by Microsoft including Gold Cloud Developer, Gold Cloud Platform, and Gold ISV.
- Seven Barracuda solutions are rated Microsoft Preferred in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
For more details on these and other recent business highlights, see our press release here.We've made a deep investment in public cloud security solutions that fit cloud-connected customers' evolving needs and are optimistic about the continued growth in our network and application security business.' ~@beege15Click To Tweet
Barracuda network and application security solutions are available now for you to try out in your own network. Visit our website here to order a free 30-day trial. You can get some help in selecting the right model, and get connected with support to help you as needed. If you have web applications to secure, start with a free security scan using our Barracuda Vulnerability Manager and Remediation Service. The results of the scan can be loaded into the Barracuda WAF for automatic remediation.
Christine Barry est blogueuse en chef et responsable des réseaux sociaux chez Barracuda. Son travail consiste à rédiger des articles captivants en lien avec les services Barracuda et à faciliter la communication entre le public et les équipes internes. Avant de rejoindre Barracuda, Christine a été ingénieure de terrain et chef de projet dans l'éducation et auprès de PME pendant plus de 15 ans. Elle est titulaire de plusieurs diplômes technologiques, d'une licence de l'université du Michigan, et d'une maîtrise en administration des affaires.
Connectez-vous avec Christine sur LinkedIn.